We brought the Christmas tree that we bought the first Christmas we were here inside for the season. It lives out on the terrace throughout the year except for December. This is the 2016 tree. it is sitting on the floor.
And THIS is the itty, bitty 2014 tree. It is sitting on a stool to make it taller. That’s no longer necessary!
Here is our town tree all lit up.
Today was an exceptionally foggy day. And, unlike many days, it lasted all day. I braved the cold and went out to see what sort of images I could get. I thought they would look better in black and white. Very atmospheric. Here are a few. Click for a larger version.
This is la Rocca or our fortress with a smoking chimney in front of it.
The bridge over the Tiber.
Road along the river.
The town walls and houses above it from across the river.
And finally, a lone fisherman.
I’ve been reflecting on my trip to the US. I must confess, I do not miss living there. The random things that I noticed:
- The restaurant servers all want to not only serve me my food, they want to be my best friend!
- Prices have either really gone up a LOT, or I am too used to Umbria prices. Gasp!
- Sales people are very helpful and friendly.
- There were a TON of rats in DC.
- I knew there were a lot of commercials for pharmaceuticals but it has gotten MUCH worse. I read only two countries allow this, the US and New Zealand. It was relentless.
- There was nothing on the news except for the election.
- There is a building boom like nowhere else in the world going on, at least in the DC area.
- Virginia is The most beautiful state 🙂
- Autumn is as pretty as I remembered it to be.
- I still love Chesapeake Bay oysters better than any others!
- Coffee is still really bad there…compared to Italy that is!
happy to be back in Umbria!