I’ve been reflecting on my trip to the US. I must confess, I do not miss living there. The random things that I noticed:
- The restaurant servers all want to not only serve me my food, they want to be my best friend!
- Prices have either really gone up a LOT, or I am too used to Umbria prices. Gasp!
- Sales people are very helpful and friendly.
- There were a TON of rats in DC.
- I knew there were a lot of commercials for pharmaceuticals but it has gotten MUCH worse. I read only two countries allow this, the US and New Zealand. It was relentless.
- There was nothing on the news except for the election.
- There is a building boom like nowhere else in the world going on, at least in the DC area.
- Virginia is The most beautiful state 🙂
- Autumn is as pretty as I remembered it to be.
- I still love Chesapeake Bay oysters better than any others!
- Coffee is still really bad there…compared to Italy that is!
happy to be back in Umbria!