Italia in semi lockdown…
’New anti-Covid rules and regulations in force from midnight Sunday to 24 November.
- Bars, pubs, restaurants and gelaterie and pasticcerie must close at 18.00.
- Only four people to a table (except for groups from the same household).
- Home delivery of food is allowed until 24.00. No food can be eaten in the street outside the take-away or nearby.
- Going out of your Comune — ‘You are strongly recommended to stay in your Comune (using public or private transport) and not go into another Comune (or Region) where you are not resident or do not have a house. Exceptions to this are for work, study, health reasons or to carry out activities or use services not available in your Comune.
- Receiving people in your home who are not part of your household — You are strongly advised not to have people in your home who are not part of your household. Exceptions to this are for work or particularly urgent situations that may occur and to wear a mask when people are in your home who are not part of your household.
- No receptions or parties are allowed after religious ceremonies – No receptions and parties allowed either inside or outside after religious ceremonies such as weddings, communions and baptisms.
- Cinemas, theatres, concert halls and betting parlours – closed – Cinemas, theatres, concert halls and betting parlours of all sorts are to stay closed.
- Open air performances are not allowed.
- Museums do not have to close. (ALWAYS check if they are open anyway, and you will probably have to book).
- Swimming pools and gyms remain closed – Swimming pools, gyms, spas and wellness centres must close.
- Amateur ‘contact’ sport continues to be banned.
- Schools – The materna, elementare and medie schools remain open as before. In high schools, 75% of lessons will be ‘live’ in the school buildings and 25% online at home.
- Closing specific piazzas – Mayors may decide to close piazzas where crowds are likely to form, after 21.00.
- Live congresses, conferences, etc. are banned – Live congresses, conferences and similar are not allowed. Even local council meetings must take place online.
Source for translation Il Sole 24 Ore and Conte’s press conference at lunchtime Sunday.
I can’t help but be annoyed by this. After all we went through in the spring. I lay this right at the feet of the Italians who all went on vacation and partied like the Virus was on vacation too. But most of all, the Authorities allowed too many visitors into Italy from other countries who were not doing enough to slow the virus in their OWN country to come here with absolutely no quarantine or restrictions. Now, because of their laxity we have to pay, yet again, the price and try to slow the Virus. 😡